Healtheries Ground Linseed 400g x 6
Note: This includes 6 (SIX!) packages of Healtheries Ground Linseed 400g.
About Vitamins.co.nz Healtheries Ground Linseed
Leading a busy lifestyle and wondering if you and your family are missing out on vital nutrients? Healtheries Ground Linseed is a source of fibre which can help to keep you regular. With a sprinkle here and there you can top up your daily intake of fibre and omega- 3. With a pleasant nutty flavour and grainy texture, linseed is perfect for adding to cereals, baking, soups, stews, or even meatballs!
Why use Healtheries Ground Linseed?
As well as being a great source of fibe, it’s perfect for adding to baking, cereals, and cooking for a delicious nutty flavour. To enhance the flavour and fibre content in baking, cereals, stews, soups, and salads.
- Source of essential Omega- 3 fatty acids
- Vegetarians, Coeliacs, and anyone following a gluten-free diet
- Increasing Omega- 3 fatty acid intake, an essential fatty acid our body cannot make
- Sprinkle one teaspoon to one tablespoon per serving onto cereals, porridge, stewed fruit, yogurt, casseroles, and sauces.
- In cooking, mix into meatloaf and meatball mixtures, fish or chicken coatings, or add to pancake and biscuit, muffin, and cake batters.
- One teaspoon mixes easily with juice or milk drinks.
- To prevent lumping when making porridge, mix ground linseed with the dry oats or grains before water is added.
- May be used as a substitute for eggs in muffins, pancakes, and cookies: 1 tablespoon ground linseed plus 3 tablespoons of water = 1 egg.
- We recommend that this product be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Cough relieving tonic: One teaspoon of ground linseed may be mixed with hot water, honey, and lemon as a drink to ease coughs and chest complaints.
- Poultice: Ground linseed may be used as a poultice (mix ½ cup linseed with ½ cup water and apply locally) for the relief of muscular inflammation or mixed with mustard and applied to the chest for lung congestion.
Healtheries Ground Linseed 400g x6
Serving Size: 10g (approximately 1 Tablespoon)
Servings Per Container: 40
Amount Per Serving
**Alpha-Linolenic Acid. Made in New Zealand from a local ingredient.
Contains No Gluten. No Artificial Colouring, Preservatives, or Chemical Additives:
Allergen Information: A small number of people may have an allergic reaction to linseed; therefore we recommend commencing with ½ teaspoon daily to ensure no reaction occurs.