Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops 100ml
About Vitamins.co.nz Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops
Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops is a dilution of the original Lugol's Iodine Solution, designed to support healthy thyroid function. Iodine is deficient in New Zealand soils and therefore supplementation may prove to be beneficial.
If you are taking Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops you may also be interested in using the following Clinicians products alongside: Stress & Energy Support or MultiVitamin and Mineral Boost to provide extra nutrient support. (It is important to support the adrenal glands when helping the thyroid as they work together). Thyroid Support may be used with or alternatively to Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops. Iodine absorption may be enhanced by taking together with fruit juice or an acidic drink.
- Rapidly addresses iodine deficiency
- Supports healthy thyroid gland function and thyroid hormone production
- The thyroid gland uses iodine to produce thyroid hormone. Iodine deficiency may account for 96% of cases of low thyroid function
- A deficiency in thyroid hormone production may affect the way the body utilizes energy
- Good iodine levels are essential for hormone balance and reproductive health
- Good iodine levels are beneficial during pregnancy
- Provides a quality source of supplemental iodine in a form which the body can use
- Liquid solution for enhanced oral absorption and utilisation in the body
- Low toxicity when used correctly
- Suitable for use in pregnancy and breastfeeding at the recommended daily dose
The iodine drop can be taken in a glass of fruit juice or other acidic drink (i.e. add 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar to a glass of water) and sip the drink throughout the course of the meal. Ensure the dropper is held horizontally to obtain the correct amount. Note: Absorption of the iodine may be enhanced by taking together with fruit juice.
Use Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops with caution in individuals taking warfarin as iodine may affect the blood’s clotting ability and therefore may alter the effect affect of this medication. Consult your health professional before taking this product if you have hyperthyroidism or are on thyroid medication.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops is regarded as safe to take during these times under health professional supervision.
Can this be used as a skin test to see if I am short of iodine?
No, Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops is a dilution of Lugol's Solution. To do skin testing you would need to use full strength Lugol's Solution.
Can it be used for anti-radiation?
No it is only a dilution, so you would have to use a lot.
What is the difference between Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops and Lugol's solution?
Clinicians Iodine Oral Drops is a dilution of Lugol's Solution and is at the dosage allowed for OTC sales. Lugol's Solution (full strength) is available on prescription.
Can you take too much iodine?
Yes, many people are iodine deficient but it can be toxic if you take too much. Follow the dosage prescribed by a health professional or the recommended dosage on the bottle.