Balance Protein Banana Bread
Bananas are a great post-workout snack containing carbs for energy replenishment. This Protein Banana Bread recipe courtesy of Lisa Hansen (from Balance's recipe competition) also contains Balance 100% Whey Protein to meet all of your post-workout recovery needs.
- 1 1/2 cups oats, blended into flour consistency
- 2 scoops (56g) Balance 100% Whey WPC/WPI Vanilla flavour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 bananas, medium sized, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, medium size
- 1/4 almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 banana, sliced
- Crushed walnuts or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine oats, protein powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combine bananas, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and fold gently to combine.
- Add optional extras.
- Pour into a tin lined with baking paper, decorate with sliced banana and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serves 8
- 25g serving size
- 96 calories
- 4.6g total fat, 1g saturated
- 7.8g carbs, 4.1g sugars
- 1.8g dietary fibre
- 4mg sodium