Clinicians Blood Sugar Balance 90 Caps
About Vitamins.co.nz Clinicians Blood Sugar Balance
BloodSugar provides essential nutrients to support healthy blood sugar levels, carbohydrate metabolism and insulin sensitivity.
Blood Sugar Balance replaces InsulBalance. Now a superior formulation in a capsule to improve absorption, less dose required and at a lower price. Carbohydrates are the body’s preferred source of energy. Once broken down into simple sugars, they are absorbed into the bloodstream and are taken up into the body’s cells to be used to provide cellular energy for ever day metabolic processes.
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It binds to the cell walls of certain types of cells, allowing them to take up sugars and glucose from the bloodstream. These cells are called “insulin sensitive” cells. We all rely on this insulin sensitivity for our cells to utilise the energy from our food. In many individuals, this insulin sensitivity may decrease. Cells stop responding to the presence of insulin, which results in a continuous over-production of insulin but very little sugar or glucose can be taken up into the cells to be used as energy. Blood insulin levels increase together with blood sugar levels. This is known as “insulin resistance”.
- Nutrient support for maintaining healthy glucose and insulin metabolism
- Chromium, magnesium and zinc to support insulin sensitivity and balance blood sugar levels
- Provides a unique combination of herbs to help manage free radicals and support hepatic, glucose and insulin metabolism
- Contains Green Tea and Grape Seed antioxidants that may assist with appetite and weight management
- Contains Milk Thistle which may support healthy liver function to assist the liver metabolising carbohydrates and insulin
- May assist with appetite and weight management
- Trace minerals and macro minerals to support insulin regulation
- Synergistic botanicals
- Green Tea, Grape Seed and Milk Thistle
- Supports carbohydrate and sugar uptake and metabolism
- Safe to use alongside medication
Adult dosage: 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily with food.
Clinicians BloodSugar Balance is generally considered safe and well tolerated at the dose recommended. Check with your health professional before using in individuals on blood sugar lowering medications, as Clinicians InsulBalance may have an additive effect. Blood sugar and insulin levels should be monitored particularly in the first one to two months as medication requirements may change. Exercise caution as curcumin may stimulate the gallbladder in people with gallbladder disease.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding:
Avoid in pregnant or breastfeeding women as there is insufficient safety information on the herbs (cinnamon, grape seed and milk thistle) to recommended supplementation during this time.
Clinicians Blood Sugar Balance 90 Caps
- Camellia sinesis (green tea) ext. equiv. to dry leaf
- Vitis vinifera (grape) ext. equiv. to dry seed [standardised to 32mg of proanthocyanidins]
- Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) ext.equiv.to dry seed [Standardised to Silymarin 27mg]
- Chromium (III) chloride (equiv. chromium 167mcg)
- Curcuma longa (turmeric)extract equiv to dry rhizome (standardised to 15mg curcuminoids)
- Cinnamomum cassia (Cinnamon) ext. equiv to dry bark
- Magnesium citrate (equiv. magnesium 33mg)
- Zinc amino acid chelate (equiv. zinc 5mg) 25mg
Magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and silicon dioxide.
Can this product be used with blood sugar medication?
Yes, but inform your health professional as it may result in a decreased need for these medications. Monitor blood sugar levels with care.
What is Insulin Resistance?
It is where the body secretes a hormone called insulin in response to eating a lot of simple carbohydrates (pies, breads, cakes, chips etc) yet the body cannot easily turn these into energy because the insulin, which is supposed to open the cell and let the energy in, cannot.
Can I take it alongside a multivitamin?
Yes, a daily multivitamin can be beneficial to fill dietary gaps, and ensure an adequate intake of key vitamins and minerals to support everyday health.