Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 90 Caps
About Vitamins.co.nz Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg
Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg contains the omega-6 essential fatty acid (EFA), gamma linolenic acid (GLA). EFA deficiency can affect all organs in the body and is especially important for the health of the skin, the bronchial and circulatory system, hormonal balance, immune system balance and joint health.
- Healthy individuals may benefit from taking EPO alongside a multivitamin and mineral complex such as Clinicians MultiVitamin and Mineral Boost
- Women may benefit from EPO alongside Clinicians Omega-3 Fish Oil on days 12 to 25 of their cycle for support during PMS
- EPO may be used for healthy skin support
Evening Primrose Oil Benefits
- Evening primrose oil is a vegetable oil which is rich in the omega-6 essential fatty acid called gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- With added Vitamin E to protect the GLA from oxidative damage
- Provides omega-6 essential fatty acids to support the body's production
- Studies show omega-6 essential fatty acids assist the body with hormone regulation
Evening Primrose Oil Features
- Provides a quality source of Omega-6 fatty acids (GLA)
- Easy dose soft gel capsule
- Single high dose
- Can be taken alongside conventional medications
- Suitable for all ages, in pregnancy and during breastfeeding
1 to 2 capsules, 2 to 3 times daily. As a maintenance dose, take 1 capsule once or twice daily.
Avoid using evening primrose oil in individuals with epilepsy as GLA is known to increase the incidence of seizures. Individuals with epilepsy may want to consider using Clinicians Krill Oil 500 or Omega-3 Fish Oil as a source of essential fatty acids.
Individuals on blood thinning medications such as warfarin should consult a health professional before taking evening primrose oil especially in high doses as it may affect blood clotting times.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding – Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil is considered safe to use during these times.
Should I take fish oil as well or is it too much?
Omega-3 from fish oil is also beneficial and should be taken in a ratio 1:3 with omega-6. Therefore taking fish oil helps to keep things in balance.
Does it have any omega-3 in it?
It has some omega-3, but is predominantly omega-6 including Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) which has numerous healthy properties.
Q. Is it cold pressed oil?
Can I take it alongside a multivitamin?
Yes, a daily multivitamin can be beneficial to fill dietary gaps, and ensure an adequate intake of key vitamins and minerals to support everyday health.
Can this be used during pregnancy and breast feeding?
Best to contact your health professional for case by case advice